Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to recognize because of how slowly hearing loss normally progresses. Even though children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you track your hearing health?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the volume on the TV? Do noisy environments make interactions hard? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations provide a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, allowing you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect problems early on, like earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for fast intervention and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it may help your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Staying alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing test with us today.